The Dog Writers Association of America is a professional organization for those involved in creative endeavors that promote the interest of dogs. This includes, but is not limited to, writers, authors, journalists, publicists, bloggers, social media influencers, photographers, illustrators, and on-air personalities. Members share ideas as well as creative and professional techniques. The organization also sponsors an annual contest.
If you have any questions about membership prior to joining, please contact: Kristin Avery, DWAA Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Membership
The Dog Writers Association of America strives to strengthen the careers of our members. Membership benefits include:
- Access to “Members Only” content on the DWAA website. In addition to our private forum, you’ll find “Editor Insights” from top dog-centric publications and examples of “Successful Queries.”
- Listing of your website or blog on the DWAA website.
- Inclusion on our Twitter list. Members follow one another’s handles and share articles, book news and awards.
- Press pass.
- Subscription to our quarterly newsletter Ruff Drafts.
- DWAA’s Yahoo Group. DWAA members share book news and ask advice in this private group.
- Discounted entry fee in our writing contest. Our annual contest honors writers, authors, bloggers, photographers, illustrators and publications in many categories – plus our special awards come with big cash prizes.
- Networking opportunities at our annual awards banquet.
- Guest posting opportunities and book promotion through the DWAA blog.
- Continuing education through our webinar program.