Read the Current Issue
KEEP SCROLLING FOR PREVIOUS ISSUES
About Ruff Drafts
Ruff Drafts is the quarterly newsletter of the Dog Writers Association of America, by and for its members. Only you can make this newsletter “newsy.” Every issue contains a report from the officers, but the newsletter depends on our members for additional submissions.
Submit Your Content!
- Articles, tips, Q&As, material on the craft and business of writing about dogs, and getting published.
- If you know another member who has something worth sharing, why not interview them for the rest of us?
- Letters to the editor on anything you see or want/don’t want to see in the newsletter
- Photos, illustrations (both which could also be used for covers) and cartoons
- Filler pieces about dogs or dog writing
- Short humor, because we can all use a laugh
- New member bios and photos
- Content for the “About our Members” page. Send news about you–speaking engagements, recent awards, honors, personal milestones such as marriage, births, degrees, retirement)—you know, the stuff we like to read about one another.
- As always, submissions should run 1,000 words or less. We prefer them in MS Word, if possible, for ease of editing. Pictures are truly appreciated and should be at least 300 dpi.